Location: This role requires travel and has the flexibility to be based from any of our offices.
Reporting to the Market Director for EMEA, you will be an active member of the sales team supporting projects for channel development across the assigned markets. The channel consultant is responsible for developing and keeping Adapt’s route to market efficient and fit for purpose, alongside implementing incentive programs.
By implementing channel and company strategy you will ensure that Adapt partners with the right dealers in the right locations with right capabilities. You will build unmatched partnerships with dealers by creating aligned business goals and closer relationships, and assist dealers to connect with Adapt easily.
You will lead programs designed to improve channel performance and development such as communities of best practice.
You will also advise channel partners on automation and technology solutions (e.g. order fulfilment, project management, accounting, job costing and asset management) to help determine and implement the best solution to meet the partners’ needs.
- Knowledge of channel business practices, processes and best practices
- Working knowledge of appropriate channel programs, products and technologies
- Ability to facilitate high level business discussions, for example with a Managing Director of a dealership
- Basic investigative and analytical skills for research and on-site data gathering
- Ability to use financial tools, statistical measures and report writing techniques to support consulting conclusions and recommendations
- Owns and proactively develops the relationship with dealers; serves as first point of contact and create sustainable relationships with our dealers by communicating with them frequently and supporting them with regular, as well as project-based
- Coordinate all Adapt’s resources to strengthen dealers’ capabilities, particularly in support of specific opportunities
- Identify key projects and work with regions on a strategy, action plan & execution
- Based on dealer’s needs and business pipeline, prioritise the top ones and draft solid plans to visit them and develop their capabilities
- Provide product and pricing guidance for day-to-day customers/prospects, as well as for all other opportunities
- Manage product launch programmes for dealers and monitor related promotional activities
- Define, implement and monitors Sales Incentive Programmes
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Excellent interpersonal skills: ability to connect with people and to connect people with people
- Ability to manage people and to coach them to close priority sales opportunities to achieve targets and results
- Team player
- Capacity to develop and manage multiple relationships across different cultures and personalities.
- Solution/resolution focused with a developed sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability
- Ability to identify, manage and leverage multiple resources within the company, to deliver sales growth and service excellence
- Minimum 5 years related business experience
- Consulting and sales experience is beneficial
- A second language would be a plus